05 January 2012

On The 12th Day of Christmas...

my true love sent to me,

12 Drummers Drumming

Traditionally, the 12 drummers drumming refers to the twelve points of doctrine in the Apostle's Creed.  This is a devotional in itself.

1. I believe in God, the Father almighty, creator of heaven and earth
2. I believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord
3. He was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary
4. He suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried. He descended into hell
5. On the third day he rose again. He ascended into heaven, and is seated at the right hand of the Father
6. He will come again to judge the living and the dead
7. I believe in the Holy Spirit
8. the holy catholic Church
9. the communion of saints
10. the forgiveness of sins
11. the resurrection of the body
12. and life everlasting

In case you want more, here is the devotional for the 12th Day of Christmas.

I have enjoyed walking through these 12 Days of Christmas.  Tomorrow you may take down your tree and all of your decorations.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment